I LOVE LIPSTICKS. Some people like nail polish, some people like blusher; my thing is definitely lipsticks (I like them all but ya get what im saying). I decided I wanted to do regular posts on my makeup and skincare 'Top 5's' and the logical place to begin was most certainly, without a shadow of a doubt, lipsticks. However when I sat down to peruse my larger than necessary collection I realised this was going to be a feat far too large for the likes of me. Because of this I have decided to split my lipstick post's into three; a mini series if you like (Oooh), of mac lipsticks, high-end lipsticks and high street lipsticks.
(L-R Dubonnet, Ravishing, Creme Cup, Costa Chic, Shy Girl)
1) Dubonnet - This was my first EVER Mac lipstick and one that holds a special place in my heart. It's an amplified finish in a deep, berry red; very vampy and perfect for the autumn/winter months.
2) Ravishing - The latest addition to my Mac collection and easily my current fav, Ravishing is a cremesheen finish so lovely and moisturising. The website describes it as a 'clean light peachy coral' and this is the perfect every day shade, one I wear frequently at work.
3) Creme Cup - One of the most well-blogged about Mac lipsticks, I wasn't actually keen on Creme Cup at first as it can wash me out, but with a tan this is a gorgeous nudey pink colour, again in a cremesheen finish, that looks perfect with this summer's pastel trend.
4) Costa Chic - Being a frost finish, I thought I wouldn't like Costa Chic but after hearing so many positive reviews I decided to grab the bull by the horns, so to speak, and purchase the hot coral hue. I don't actually find there to be too much shimmer and the excellent length the colour hangs around on the lips means it is a definite worthwhile investment.
5) Shy Girl - Shy Girl is another cremesheen, by far my favourite formula from Mac, and a much more wearable nude for my skin tone than Creme Cup. A beautiful peachy colour that looks perfect with a brown smokey eye.
Im always looking to expand my collection so do let me know what your favourite Mac lipstick is!