Wednesday 20 March 2013

Jumping On The Bandwagon: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquers

Hi guys and welcome to my new blog feature 'Jumping On The Bandwagon'. Like most beauty addicts I get drawn in to the hype surrounding new products, and whilst sometimes I totally understand the popularity, sometimes I can't help feeling a little disappointed. I have decided to start posting regular 'Jumping On The Bandwagon' posts where I will review some of the most popular, hyped up products on the market and I'll let you guys know if I really think they're worth spending your hard earned cash on.


(Top-Bottom: Luna, Big Bang, Nova, Apocaliptic)

As you have probably guessed, the first hyped product I am going to be putting to the test are the massively raved about Rimmel 'Apocolips'. The Rimmel website describes them as 'The end of colour as you know it. Invincibly smooth shine. Intense earth shattering shades.' But is this the case?

The short answer is yes. I have 4 colours in the drugstore lip laquers; 'Luna' a dusky Orange/Peach which reminds me a lot of my favourite Revlon Matte Lipstick in 'Smoked Peach', 'Big Bang' which is a bright true Hollywood Red shade, 'Nova' a bright Rose/Pink with blue undertones and 'Apocaliptic' which is a deep Raspberry/Fushcia and they are all insanely beautiful.

The texture of these lip laquers is like no other I have ever tried before. They are incredibly opaque in just one coat like a lipstick, but creamy and moisturising, more like a gloss. I honestly don't think I've ever tried anything, be that high end or drugstore, quite as impressive as these. 



(500 Luna)



(400 Big Bang)



(102 Nova)



(303 Apocaliptic)

All the swatches above are just with one layer of the lip laquers, I know incredible or what?! There are 8 shades in the collection and I am 100% going to be buying the rest of them, I have never been so excited about a new lip product. As someone with naturally dry lips these are just outstanding and have every quality I personally look for in a lip product; Opacity, longevity and a creamy, moisturising texture. And the best bit? They are currently on 3 for 2 at Superdrug, so that's 3 for just over a tenner, a bargain for such a high quality product if you ask me!

VERDICT: Worth the hype.

I hope you all like this new feature, let me know if there are any hyped products you would like me to review and I will happily do a bit of investigation, all in the name of research of course! 



Becca.x

6 comments:

  1. Nice new feature. I only have one shade at the moment, its the nude eclipse and I really like it. The big bang shade is gorgeous, gonna have to try that on myself, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) Ooh I really want nude eclipse! X

      Delete
  2. Luna is gorgeous isn't it! I've just got Nude Eclipse and love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love big bang!!! its beautiful x

    http://styleflaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to rejoice, Time to celebrate, for you have written a great blog. Congrats!
    My website Glass hob splashbacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog. Beauty is the quality present in a person that gives intense deep satisfaction to the mind. Here you have discussed the apocalips lip lacquers which will make our lips very beautiful. Also I found some captured images of lips after applying. They are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this article, I learned about interesting facts about dwarf hamsters which were several tiny species of hamsters suitable for a first pet environment.

    ReplyDelete